Exercise 2: Measuring More Than One A.C.
Setting Up the CRO
- The point of this exercise is to measure the A.C.
voltage drop across the resistors R2,
R3 and R4 in the diagram below.
- Let's start by connecting the circuit shown
below. If you have any trouble with this please refer to
the A.C. Circuit Connection Guide. Or the instrucions for
the A.C. Supply.
- R1 = 20 ohms
R3 = 47 ohms
R4 = 100 ohms
Connecting the CRO to the Circuit
- Now that the CRO has been set up correctly
connect the CRO to the circuit to take readings across
resistors R2, R3 and R4.
- If we use similar connections to the last
exercise we would simply connect one channel of the CRO
across each resistor in the circuit separately taking 3
different readings. Well we are not
going to do it that way this time.
- The challenge now is to measure the required
voltages using two input channels on the CRO and taking
one measurement from each of these channels.
- Try and work out how to make these connections
on your own before checking the answer.
- Is our circuit
to CRO Menu
Page maintained by EIE WebMistress
Revised: 15 September 2004