Is the CRO Set Up Correctly?
Switching the CRO On
- O.K. this may seem simple, but the first step is
simply the act of locating the power switch and turning
the CRO on.
- Seems simple but just keep it in mind that somebody
is going to have trouble dong this.
Ensuring the CRO is
Are the Trace Position and
- First we set the AC-GND-DC
for both Channels A and B to GND. (this should allow us
to see a horizontal line across the display)
- Finally to check that the traces for both
channels are correctly positioned we can set the Mode Selection Switch
which will allow us to view both traces on the display
- As we can see, both traces are in the
exact same vertical and horizontal positions as
the diagram on the left seems to have only one
Checking that the CRO is
- First check that the Trigger Level Control
is set in the AUTO
position. This is done by pulling the knob
- Now we put the Slope Control
to the Positive
- Ensure that the Sync Selector is in the A.C.
- Finally make sure that unless otherwise
advised, leave the Source
Selector in the
- If you would like to know more about the
Triggering System on the CRO please click here.
- If the things discussed above seem to relate
closely to the way that your CRO has been set up it is
time to connect the CRO to the circuit and measure the
to CRO Menu
Page maintained by EIE WebMistress
Revised: 15 September 2004