Is the CRO Connected to the Circuit Correctly?
- To check that the CRO has been connected to the
circuit correctly is quite simple.
- It is done by checking both the connections at
the circuit and the connections at the CRO.
Checking the Connections at the
- First we check the connection at the CRO by
comparing the digram below with the appearance of your
- Below we can see that the CRO has been connected
in parallel with the 50 ohm resistor. It should also be
noted that the BLACK wire is connected to the GROUND node
of the circuit. This is important as if the RED
(connected to the positive input terminal of the CRO) and
BLACK (connected to the negative terminal of the CRO)
wires were reversed the CRO would not give any readingat
Checking the Connection to the
- Just be sure that the Negative Terminal of the
CRO is connected to the GROUND Node of the circuit.
- If the above requirements have been satisfied it
is time to make the measurement of the D.C. voltage.
to CRO Menu
Page maintained by EIE WebMistress
Revised: 15 September 2004