Various features within EMAIL are customizable. They can be
customised using the Options|Mail and News Preferences
Here are a few of the most commonly customized features:
- Identity :
- Choose Identity tag and fill in
the fields that will identify you with a personal
name in all your emails
- Extract Quote:
- You can set that EMAIL will use a quote character to quote
a message that you are replying to . For this :
- Choose Composition tag from the Options|Mail
and News Preferences menu and tick the "Automatically
quote original message when replying".
- Signature File:
- You can specify a signature file for EMAIL. Your
signature file is automatically included at the bottom of
every message you send.
- Choose Identity tag
- Fill in a fine name containing your
signature or browse for it on your
computer and drives mapped.
- A signature file normally contains your address ,
organisation and phone, fax and other contact numbers.
The Preferences panel items from Options|Mail
and News Preferences command will be saved by pressing OK
from the Preferences panel.
This concludes this lesson of EMAIL . Please return to the
EMAIL Index and continue with the next lesson.
Page maintained by EIE
Revised: Friday, 17 July 1998