When you use electronic mail, keep in mind the following items
related to effective electronic communications:
- DON'T USE ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS in your mail messages, as
most people see this as meaning that you are SHOUTING!
- To emphasize a word, try placing it between two asterisks
(*). For example: That is a *great*
- Try to avoid terse responses as they often sound rude.
For example: No, you can't do that!
- Try to aviod sending immediate responses when you are
angry. Wait a while and cool down first.
- Use Emoticons in your text to indicate emotions.
Especially when you are making a sarcastic or joking
What is an
This concludes this lesson of EMAIL . Please return to the
EMAIL Index and continue with the next lesson.
Page maintained by EIE
Revised: Friday, 17 July 1998