Working with Folders
The Mail window consists of three panes:
- the mail folder pane
- the message header pane
- the message content pane.
The mail folder pane contains the list of your mail folders
and the following three columns:
- Mail Folder - shows the name of the mail
- Unread - shows the number of unread
- Total - shows the number of messages
within the folder.
The Netscape -generated folders are the following:
- The Inbox folder - holds incoming mail
message to you
- The Outbox folder - holds your unsent
- The Sent Mail folder - holds copies of
your sent messages
- The Trash folder - holds mail messages
you are deleting. The folder is created automatically
when you delete a message.
When you select a mail folder by clicking on it, the message
heading pane displays the titles of messages contained in that
folder and the following columns:
- Sender - shows the name of the sender od
- The Flag icon - shows if the message has
been marked as noteworthy. Click the icon to toggle the
- The Read Icon - shows if the message has
- Subject - shows the subject line of the
- Date - shows the date and time the email
arrived at your Inbox.
How do I create a folder?
This concludes this lesson of EMAIL . Please return to the
EMAIL Index and continue with the next lesson.
Page maintained by EIE
Revised: Friday, 17 July 1998